All KeepCup products should be washed thoroughly before use. There can be a plastic smell when the parts have been sealed for a long period, which will be resolved by washing.
All our products are independently lab tested to ensure they're free from BPA, BPS, phthalates including DEHP, lead and cadmium and that they meet global food safe compliance migration limits in use with hot beverages.
If your KeepCup or Bottle has become stained or smells from particular drinks, lipsticks or extended time between use and washing, we recommend trying one of these simple and effective remedies. INTERIOR STAINS OR SMELLS
- Cut up a lemon and place the slices into your cup or bottle, then fill with boiling water and leave overnight to soak
- In the morning, rinse and then clean with a mild detergent and warm water using a cloth
Vinegar and baking soda:
EXTERIOR CUP STAINS
- Wash your cup, bottle or silicone gaskets with a mild detergent and warm water using a cloth
- Pour 1/4 cup of baking soda into the cup, along with your silicone gaskets, and slowly fill it with white distilled vinegar to about halfway
- Add hot water and fill to the top of the cup
- Let the mix rest for 15 minutes before rinsing out
- Create a thick paste of bicarb soda and lemon juice, covering the affected area completely
- Sit the cup on a dish in sunlight for 24 hours to dry out
- An old toothbrush can be used to scrub your silicone gaskets, otherwise rinse and wash thoroughly by hand
- Dissolve a Finish dishwashing tablet in boiling water in a bowl
- Pop the affected component in and soak overnight
- Rinse and wash thoroughly by hand with warm soapy water.
In between use, it's important to ensure your KeepCup or Bottle is kept dry and stored with the lid or cap off to avoid any unwanted smells developing.